1. All vessels, regardless of their flag, calling at Italian ports irrespective of the previous port call, must apply for Sanitary Free pratique. This requires the following documentation:
– Maritime declaration of health
– Copy of SSECC; passenger list and crew list
– List of port of calls during the previous 14 days.
2. Request will have to be sent to the Sanitary Authorities, maximum 6 hrs prior to the arrival. The ship master will be responsible for notifing any changes in the health status of the crew after the issuing of the sanitary free pratique, during the stay until the ship will leave port.
– Other documents might be required by authorities depending on the situation on board.
3. Sanitary Free Pratique will be issued eithr by radio or, if necessary, upon boarding by sanitary authorities, after checking the required documents like ship details, crew certificates, and other.
4. Delivery of spare parts on board remains possible.
5. Technicians/inspectors can still go on board, complying with all safety measures, including proper equipment.
Cruise ships are allowed to berth and resume commericial operations in Italian ports as per latest regulations.